The ultra low cost laptops, or "NETBOOK market could be exploited in 2008, but HP plans to take first place in 2009 with the new Mini 2140. The company has a 10.1-degree NETBOOK inch screen, big keyboard, a high capacity hard disk, and a lot of impressive specifications. HP does not learn from past mistakes? Mini 2140 is the year end of the road warrior machine? Read on to discover the answers.
Our pre-production HP Mini 2140 features the following specifications:
• Operating System: Genuine Windows XP (Vista or SUSE Linux also available)
• Processor: Intel Atom N270 Processor 1.60GHz (512 KB L2 cache, 533 MHz FSB)
• Memory: 1GB DDR2 SDRAM, 800MHz, one SODIMM memory slot, supports up to 2GB
• Internal Storage: 160GB 5400 rpm SATA HDD with HP 3D DriveGuard (also available with 160GB 7200 rpm SATA with HP 3D DriveGuard or 80GB Solid State Drive)
• Display: 10.1-inch diagonal (1024 x 576)
• Graphics: Intel GMA 950
• Wireless: Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.0, HP Wireless Assistant
• Expansion slots: (1) ExpressCard/54 slot, Secure Digital (SD) slot
• Ports and connectors: (2) USB 2.0 ports, VGA, power connector, RJ-45/Ethernet (Gigabit), stereo headphone/line out, stereo microphone in, VGA webcam
• Input device: 92% full-sized keyboard, touchpad with scroll zone
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.05 (at front) x 10.3 x 6.5 inches
• Weight: 2.4 lb with 3-cell battery and hard drive, 2.93 lb with 6-cell battery and hard drive (not including weight of AC adapter).
• Power: 6-cell (55 WHr) or 3-cell (28 WHr) Lithium-Ion battery, 65W HP Smart AC Adapter with HP Fast Charge
• Warranty: One-year standard parts and labor warranty, pick-up or carry-in, and toll-free 7 x 24 hardware technical phone support.