King's Bounty: The Legend is the "suite" of King's Bounty, DOS game from 1990 and forerunner of the Heroes of Might & Magic. KBTL is developed by the Russians in Katauri and published in France by Nobilis (USA and Atari).
The general principle: the combat turn-based hexagonal tray, lots of armies to rub out to pass his way and / or complete quests, short sword & sorcery of Strategic old dressed in beautiful 3D.
What differentiates mainly of KBTL homm5:
- No multi, one big campaign for a player.
- No resource management or construction, no city to defend it if not ruin, we focus on the 'rpg.
- Leadership: no (few) units to upgrade the strength of armies based on the number. The number of each type of units are limited by the level of leadership of the player.
- Exploring the world in real time: you can gallop or browse at will, without limit "tower" or "action points" (which would have been impossible in multiplayer).
- Rage Box: a bit like the Orcs of homm5 Tribes of the East, have the player in combat with a tonnage of Rage, Mana and more used to cast spells. The Rage will accumulate when it will inflict or sustain damage, and used to invoke a kind of "genius of the lamp" to various powers and upgradeable.