On Micro Four Thirds models and othermirrorless digital cameras growing in quality, the digital SLR markethas acquired few stiff competition. The category proceeds to pushforward, while, and Canon, which has not still constructed a compactexchangeable lens camera, proffers up the EOS Rebel T3 as itsentry-level D-SLR contender.

This 12-megapixel digital SLR is withthe lower-end as far as cost and characteristics, but it haseverything of the alternatives and flexibility an aspiringphotographer might require to break out of the tedium ofpoint-and-shoot and cell phone cameras. It is available in 18-55mmf/3.5-5.6 kit lens, and while its slow-focusing Live View LCD isalmost useless, including all speed and picture-quality performanceare extreme good.

The camera chassis seems a bit naked,and so smooth for a digital SLR. Although the 3.9 by 5.1 by 3.1-inch(HWD), 1.09-pound T3 appears pretty sturdy, it applies the samesmooth matte plastic every over its case. As well the grip, a surfacetypically textured to create holding onto the camera simpler, isfully smooth.

Name:  canon t3 digital camera.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  39.4 KB

The buttons with the rear panel areall large and flat, on many of the controls sitting flush against thecamera body. A rubber door with the left slope of the camera keepsthe mini USB, mini HDMI, and remote connectors, and the SD/SDHC/SDXCcard slot sits next to the battery slot with the bottom of the camerabody.

The 2.7-inch LCD, optical view finder,mode dial, wheel, and hot shoe are standard SLR fare. Although itdoes not flip out and twist up or down as the Canon T3i's 1,040k-dot3-inch display, you can however clearly watch the images you reviewwith the T3i's 230k-dot display. Unluckily, focusing is too slow inLive View mode, you will more likely be applying the opticalviewfinder to frame your shots.

Like Canon's entry-level, low-end, barebones digital SLR, the T3 does not have a much more of power comparedwith the higher-result Canon T3i or 18-megapixel T2i. Still, it isnevertheless an SLR, and that intends it is faster and more powerfulas compared to any compact point-and-shoot with the market.

Its APS-C sensor can reach up to ISO6400 sensitivity, and the camera applies Canon's Digic 4 imageprocessor, letting it to capture 3 frames per second in uninterruptedshooting mode and 720p video at 25 or 30 frames per second.

We test picture quality applying theInanimate software, which evaluates cameras for result and noiselevels. The T3 performed pretty considerable, on very good high-ISOnoise numbers and decent result for its 12-megapixel sensor. In ourtests, the camera demonstrated a center-weighted average of 1,851lines per picture height. Anything higher as compared to 1,800 meansextreme sharp pictures, so the T3 does pretty considerable; it iswith par , while not rather as good as the Canon T2i's 2,296 lines orthe Mocro Four Thirds Olympus PEN E-P3's 2,001 lines.

The T3 works extreme considerable athigher ISO sensitivities, creating it suitable for shooting in lowlight. Any image with 1.5 percent noise results in a grainy photo.The T3 crossed this threshold at ISO 3200; at ISO 1600 noise levelswere just 1.4 percent. At ISO 800, noise is also more accomplishable,only somewhat below one percent.